Commercial Real Estate Broker Technology Maturity Assessment
Thanks for taking the assessment!
See below for how you compare to other commercial real estate brokers, plus tips and tricks to get that score up.
How You Scored Compared to Other CRE Brokers
These benchmarks are based off of results from a survey conducted by Apto in April of 2021. We will conduct the survey annually for the most current market rankings.
Average CRE Broker
Average CRE Broker Using a CRM
Average CRE Broker Not Using a CRM
If you scored 25 points, that means you aren’t taking full advantage of all of the technology and best practices available to you to effectively manage your business. Why is a change in order?
- Spending more time collecting data on properties and people than you are actually using that data to find new opportunities
- Wasting countless hours shuffling through hand-written records to find someone’s contact info, instead of spending that time making phone calls, sending targeted emails, and making deeper connections with those people
- Not keeping a record of who you talked to and when, which means you won’t have any context for future conversations with those same people
- Losing sticky notes and accidentally deleting emails, causing you to forget to follow up with clients and thus dragging on a deal timeline or worse, losing a deal altogether
Don’t worry! We’re here to help. Here are some ways you can improve your score and serve your clients better:
- With Technology: Consider investing in a CRE-specific CRM like Apto. Not ready to take the leap (even though we’ll help make your transition seamless)? Consider using Excel—or better yet, a cloud-based solution like Google Sheets—to manage your client contact info and track deal progress.
- With Processes: Block time on your calendar to cold call, send emails, record notes from your conversations, update deal progress in a spreadsheet, etc. And with a CRM, you’ll get reminders for important activities sent directly to you so you never miss a beat.
Get More Insights from Your Data by Making it Work for You
We hope that you found this exercise insightful and inspiring, and if you’re ready to see your score improve significantly, click the button below now.