Careers – Senior Full Stack Engineer
Senior Full Stack Engineer
We are a team of enthusiastic, conscientious independent-thinkers who approach challenges with curiosity and tenacity.
Apto sets out to build a better way to broker. We believe your CRM should be more than just a contact database. At Apto, we drive deal flow more efficiently and effectively for commercial real estate brokers. We live by our foundational principle: “created by and for brokers.”
What we’re looking for:
Ultimately we’re looking for someone who can autonomously work on a lean team, feel comfortable owning entire projects, make strong architecture and software decisions, speak to your choices, and mentor other engineers.
As the Senior Full Stack Engineer on our growing Agile Product Team, your goal will be to innovate our product and customer experience. This role plays a crucial part in developing enterprise-grade web applications. From building clean, scalable, and maintainable backend services to creating intuitive user interfaces, you’ll help create highly extensible products for the enterprise, and solve the complex engineering challenges. This position collaborates with the product, design, business analysts, CX and marketing teams to proactively identify and solve for future enhancements to the software platform.
What we’ll achieve:
Together, with your ability to quickly learn and drive best practices, we’ll achieve the best solutions for our business. The robust services you engineer will help our customers turn business goals into actionable workflows and reports. The interfaces you create will allow users to solve complex tasks in an intuitive manner. We’ll sing your praises for the quality code you write, and the valuable insights and mentorship you provide to the team. Finally, we’ll improve the way business is done in the field, thanks to your dedication to building a quality product!
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of professional experience with exposure to both frontend and backend development.
- Experience building enterprise software. A bonus if you have a passion for finding elegant solutions to complex business problems that can be unique to our product.
- Knowledge and experience with Ruby on Rails, building and maintaining the code infrastructure as a Solution Architect as well as individual contributor.
- Experience with managing hosted environments like AWS, Heroku, Digital Ocean, etc.
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, restful API design, Postgres databases, database design for online and mobile applications, as well as other supporting technologies.
- Expertise in gRPC and/or RESTful API’s as well as the design, deployment, and monitoring of these API’s especially in a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with automated testing and automated testing strategies for both front and back end and implementing quality unit tests, integration tests, and end to end tests.
- Experience taking code from a local computer to production and how to address load time, search optimization, performance issues, etc.
- Experience with Agile development (setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, XP, Scrum, SAFe, or similar); Docker knowledge is a plus.
Capacities we’re looking for:
- You’re able to rapidly diagnose and troubleshoot real-world problems quickly and without a lot of context or support.
- You find motivation in being involved in system design and architectural planning.
- You have a strong sense of affinity for the customer experience – reliability and quality are all extremely important to you.
- You are delivery oriented and appreciate the tradeoffs between ‘complete’ and ‘perfect’.
- When things break — and they will — you are eager and able to help fix them.
- You enjoy working with your peers and see the value of strong partnerships and processes.
- You demonstrate a willingness to jump on whatever problem is the team’s highest priority, including both the backend services and the frontend user interface.
What we offer:
- Flexible vacation and powder days
- Hybrid work model
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
- 401K and company-paid life, short-, and long-term disability insurance
- Collaborative and humorous culture
The compensation range for this role is $118,000-$145,000 with .25-.75% equity.