Careers – Customer Care Agent
Customer Care Agent
We are a team of enthusiastic, conscientious independent-thinkers who approach challenges with curiosity and tenacity.
As an Apto Customer Care Agent, you’ll become part of a small team of support personnel who troubleshoots and resolves customers issues. It requires being a skilled technical resource who has a knack for making technology simple for those who aren’t as comfortable with it and empathizing with the challenges they face.
A core piece of the role is prioritizing and scheduling help desk activities to ensure customers are heard and their challenges are addressed.
Ideally, however, you can do more than just solve tickets. The best customer service is the one that isn’t needed. If you have the ability to see patterns in ticket activities and bolster our knowledge center and identify internal process improvements to anticipate customer needs then you are perfect for the role.
On the occasion when the solution isn’t close at hand, you have the ability to properly set expectations, stay in touch, and close the loop down the road.
The role itself is a human one and those who are able to empathize with someone struggling will be the most successful in this role.
Apto is the foundation that makes the most successful commercial real estate brokers successful. We are a ten year old company that has gone back to our startup roots and are looking for people who want to add value everyday, are looking to solve problems at the root, and don’t want to be constrained by a job description.
We acknowledge this isn’t any of our ‘forever jobs.’ Even our founder will work somewhere else before his career is over. That’s life in the 21st century. BUT. Our goal is to ensure every one of us is better coming out of Apto than they were coming in and that they’re ready to tackle whatever it is they see as the next step in their career.
Everyone’s a little different so career planning is fluid. This role may lead to a more senior support role, it may lead to something else entirely, or it may prepare you for the title you want somewhere else. (Obviously, we hope the latter isn’t the case.)
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in all areas of the product functionality
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving expertise
- Resolve customer service issues and skillfully manage complex customer service problems
- Manage customer expectations and the customer experience to maximize customer satisfaction
- Actively maintain and participate in job-related training activities
- Demonstrate the ability to research, document, and prioritize customer issues, leveraging internal tools and escalation teams as necessary, as well as prioritizing and managing time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Define and describe technical best practices
- Create and curate knowledge articles, enabling customers to resolve their issues independently
- Identify product and services up-sell opportunities and describe Salesforce solutions to customers in a way that is articulate, accurate, and persuasive
- Complete assigned project responsibilities
- Ensure that the company meets our promises to our customers
- 2-5 years of experience in Customer Support roles
- Salesforce Admin certification a plus
- Experience with Zendesk, Intercom a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
- Knowledge and experience in ITIL based help desk environments
- Commercial real estate experience is preferred
- Demonstrated analysis, problem solving and skills troubleshooting expertise
- Understanding of database concepts and data management
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
What We Offer
- Flexible vacation and powder days
- Hybrid work model
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
- 401K and company-paid life, short-, and long-term disability insurance
- Collaborative and humorous culture
The compensation range for this role is $44,000 – $50,000.